Welcome to the 2015 MIT IDEAS Global Challenge! To enter, please create a team here:
(Note: You must be a full-time MIT student to create a team. Not a student? Define a problem and invite students to work with you on a team here: http://globalchallenge.mit.edu/problems)
The MIT IDEAS Global Challenge is open to everyone. To be eligible, teams must:
- Your team must be led by full-time MIT students; teams are encouraged to collaborate with people around the world to realize their idea.
- Be able to demonstrate that an MIT student made a significant contribution to the development of the project's innovative design, process, technology, etc.
- Must work with a community partner to identify the problem and develop the solution
- Submit at least one Scope Statement (required) and one Development Grant request (optional).
** Teams are welcome to submit more than once for additional feedback or grant opportunities.
** Note, We recognize teams are at different stages of development; your Scope Statement should not be a full Proposal but do give us a sense of the context of your work, the idea you're proposing, questions you're looking to answer, and help you may need.
1st chance to submit: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 6:00pm, EDT
2nd chance to submit: Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 6:00pm, EST
3rd chance to submit: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 6:00pm, EST
- Submit a Proposal by Friday, March 20, 2015 at 6:00pm, EDT.
Teams whose projects meet the standards of innovation, feasibility, impact and community connection will be invited to submit a Proposal. * The IDEAS Global Challenge team will confirm your eligibility by email. *
- Particpate in the judging process.
The judging process entails evaluation of written proposals and in-person meetings with teams. Judges receive entrants' final proposals in late March and submit initial rankings. Then judges meet teams in-person at the Innovation Showcase on Friday, April 10, 2015. Following the Innovation Showcase, judges submit their final recommendations for awards.
What you can win:
- Up to $10,000 in awards per team, as selected by our panel of judges.
- Awards are granted for a 15-month period. All unused funds revert to the Public Service Center. There are some basic guidelines on what awards cannot cover - such as employment, dangerous materials or weapons, consulting and similar products and services. If questions, ask firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email email@example.com
For complete rules and restrictions, download
For an overview of initial and final proposal guidelines and development grant process, please refer to the sidebar for more information.
- - - - - -
AWARDS CELEBRATION AND WINNERS' RETREAT
The Awards Celebration, where winners will be announced, will take place on Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 6:30-8:30pm. Location TBD.
If you win an award, you are expected to attend the WINNERS' RETREAT - This year's retreat will take place the evening of Thursday, April 30; the late afternoon/evening of Friday, May 1; and the morning/afternoon of Saturday, May 2.